Dr. Harsharan Singh
Dr. Harsharan Singh did is M.Sc (Hons.School) in Botany from Department of Botanical and Environmental Sciences, Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar and Doctorate in Life Sciences (Biotechnology) from Institute of Himilayan Bioresource technology, Palampur (H.P) . He has done a major project entitled “Isolation of potential metabolite from Glycyrrhiza glabra” in his post-graduation in 2001 and his Ph.D thesis title was “Isolation and cloning of genes involved in Picrosides Biosynthesis from Picrorhiza Kurrooa ”.He has 12 years of teaching experience.
12 Years in Teaching
Plant molecular biology and biochemistry, functional genomics
M.Sc , Ph.D.
- Harsharan Singh*, Parul Gahlan and Sanjay Kumar$(2013).Cloning and expression analysis of ten genes associated with picroside biosynthesis in Picrorhiza kurrooa, Gene 515 : 320–328
- Harsharan Singh*, Parul Gahlan, Som Dutt, Paramvir Singh Ahuja and Sanjay Kumar$(2011). Why uproot Picrorhiza kurrooa, an endangered medicinal herb? Curr. Sci. 100: 1055-59.
- Sanjay Ghawana, Asosii Paul, Hitesh Kumar, Arun Kumar, Harsharan Singh, Pardeep K Bhardwaj, Arti Rani, Ravi S Singh, Jyoti Raizada, Kashmir Singh and Sanjay kumar1*(2011). An RNA isolation system for plant tissues rich in secondary metabolites. BMC Research Notes 2011 4:85.
- Kawoosa, T., Singh, H., Kumar, A., Sharma, S.K., Devi, K., Dutt, S., Vats, S.K., Sharma, M., Ahuja, P.S., Kumar, S., 2010. Light and temperature regulated terpene biosynthesis: hepatoprotective monoterpene picroside accumulation in Picrorhiza kurrooa. Funct. Integr. Genomics. 10, 393-404.
- Singh K, Raizada J, Bhardwaj P, Ghawana S, Rani A, Singh H, Kaul K, Kumar S (2004) 26S rRNA-based internal control gene primer pair for reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction-based quantitative expression studies in diverse plant species. Anal Biochem 335:330–333
Harsharan Singh, Navleen Kaur Chopra (2014). Changes in morphology and catalase activity in response to various abiotic factors from brassica campestris.,Research & Reviews In Biotechnology And Biosciences ISSN No. : 2321-8681 Volume 1 (2014)
Harsharan Singh (2016). Activity of catalase and peroxidase in Oryza sativa treated with CuSo4 and SA. Research & Reviews In Biotechnology And Biosciences ISSN No. : 2321-8681 Volume 3 (2016)
Harman Kaur and Harsharan singh (2018) Heavy metal (Pb(NO3)2)and Salt stress (NaCl) Alter the shoot length and activity of Amylase enzyme in Vigna radiate Research & Reviews In Biotechnology And Biosciences ISSN No. : 2321-8681 Volume: 5, Issue: 1&2, PP: 45-55
Abstract(s) Publishes in International/National Conferences:
Harkamal Kaur, Harman Kaur, Harsharan Singh and Gurpreet Singh 2016. Role of transcription factors in abiotic stress tolerance-recent trends UGC-sponsored National Conference on Stress Tolerance and Plant Biotechnology, February 11-12, 2016
Gobind Ram, GunchaBatra, Gurpreet Singh and Harsharan Singh (2009). Database of prions and prion related diseases (PRION_DB) at International Symposium on Recent Advances in Molecular Technologies, Punjab University, Chandigarh, February, 21-22, 2009 (awarded second Prize)
Harsharan Singh, Arun Dev Sharma(2009) . Poster presentation entitled “ Drought induced changes in Phosphatase activities drought tolerant and susceptible cultivars of wheat” in “ International symposium on recent developments in molecular technologies” held at Panjab University Chandigarh from 21st and 22nd feb 2009
Harsharan Singh, Amit kumar, Tabasum Kawoosa, Som Dutt, Sanjay Kumar, Paramvir Singh Ahuja (2008). Poster presentation entitled “ Cloning and Characterization of Genes involved in picroside biosynthesis in Picrorhiza Kurrooa Royle ex Benth.” In 3rd J&K State Science Congress from 26-28 feb 2008 (awarded First Prize)
Tabasum Kawoosa, Amit kumar, Harsharan Singh,Sunil Kumar Sharma,Kiran Devi , Som Dutt, Sanjay Kumar, Madhu sharma,Paramvir Singh Ahuja (2008). Poster presentation entitled “ Molecular regulation of Picroside Biosynthesis in Picrorhiza Kurrooa Royle ex Benth.” In 3rd J&K State Science Congress from 26-28 feb 2008