Commerce & Business Administration
The postgraduate Department of Commerce and Business Administration is one of the most prestigious departments of the college imparting education to over 1600 students. It offers vast range of diploma and degree courses both at under graduate and post graduate levels. It has a well-equipped departmental Library and an Accounting Lab with latest educational aids like computers and LCD projectors. A very active business Club and Commerce Association organize various events and activities exploiting the potential of the students. SYNERGY an annual cultural event attracts a lot of participants both from within and outside the college.
- Dr. Rashpal Singh Sandhu, M.Com. (Head of Dept )
- Amita Shahid, M.Com.
- Ravneet Bains, M.Com.
- Vivek Mahajan, M.Com.
- Ubique, M.Com., M.Phil., DISM
- Parmod Sharma, M.Com.
- Dr. Navdeep Kumar Gandotra, M.Com.
- Raminder Kaur Bhatia, M.Com
- Dr. Patwant Kaur Atwal, M.Com., Ph.D.
- Rupinder Sampla, M.Com., M.Phil.
- Baljinder Kaur, M.Com., M.Phil.
- Harpreet Kaur, M.Com., M.Phil., PGDBA, Tally-Graduate
- Mansi Chopra, M.Com., M.Phil.
- Komaljit Kaur, M.Com., M.Phil.
- Jyoti Sharma, M.Com., M.Phil.
- Ruchi Gulati, M.Com, M.Phil.
- Jitender Pal Singh ( Tourism Mgt )
1. The department organized Guest Lecture on Mutual Funds on 14- March-2012. About 120 students attended this lecture.
2. The department organized Guest Lecture on Perception on 15- March-2012. About 110 students attended this lecture.
- Gopesh of B.Com-II(R) bagged 2nd position in University.
- Rajni of M.Com-II bagged 3rd position in University.
- Manjinder Kaur of B.Com-II(P) bagged 4th position in University.
- Preeti of B.Com-II(P) bagged 17th position in University.
1. Inaugural Path by business Club in Gurudwara Sahib was held on 8th September 2012. On the same day Dastarbandi competition was held. 10 students participated in this competition.
2. Celebrated Teachers Day on 25th September 2012 by the students of Commerce Association of P.G Department Of Commerce. Various cultural items were performed by the students. Around 130 students participated in this function.
3. Organized competition on 5th November 2012 in the following events :
a) Rangoli (10 students participated)
b) Diya Painting (6 students participated)
c) Quiz (4 Teams participated)
d) Gift Wrapping (5 students participated)
4. Organized 12th Annual Inter College Academic and Cultural Festival-“SYNERGY 2013” on 17th and 18th February 2013. About 400 students of 11 colleges participated in this Mega Event.
Events for the first day(17 feb2013) were:
2. Collage Making
3. Painting (landscape)
7. Poster Making
Events for the second day (18 feb 2013) were:
2. Group Dance
3. Hard Selling.
Financial assistance has been provided to 22 needy students from the departmental funds.
5.Organized an educational trip to Kulu Manali on 5th – 8th March 2012 in which 27 students participated. This trip was under the financial assistance of UGC.
6.Organized a trip to Shri Anandpur Shib and Naina Devi on 31-10-2012 in which 85 students participated.