The Department of Environmental Studies was established in 2008 with an objective to develop concern in every individual for environment protection. The Department offers a compulsory paper of Environment Studies to UG students of various disciplines like Commerce, Sciences, Arts, Computer Science, Physiotherapy & Biotechnology.
- Dr. Jaswinder Kaur (M.Sc., M.Phil, Ph.D) ,Head, Department of Environmental Studies
Vision & Objectives of the department
- To develop concern in every individual related to the environment to save Environment.
- To create awareness about “Sustainable Development”.
- To spread environment awareness among the students about the burning issues of environment like Global Warming, Climate Change, Depletion of natural resources, Declining water level and Pollution.
Achievements of the Department
- Awarded National Seminar by UGC on “Solid Waste Management”2010- 2011
- Awarded Minor project by Ministry of Environment and Forest on “Climate Change” to participate in NEAC 2009-10
- Awarded Minor project by Ministry of Environment and Forests on “Potential Impact on Climate Change and possible solutions” to participate in NEAC 2008-09
- Submitted proposal to UGC for Masters in Environment Management Programme under innovative programmes.
- To initiate programme on Education for sustainable development by establishing network of Regional Centres of Expertise on ESD.
- Organizing seminars/ plantation drives to save environment will be a routine feature
Faculty: Department of Environmental Studies
- Dr. Jaswinder Kaur, M.Sc., M.Phil., Ph.D