Guru Nanak Dev Library of the College was established in 1926. During the partition of the country, much of the library material remained in Lyallpur, however some of the books could be brought to Jalandhar (where the college was reestablished) with the special efforts of the staff. The library today provides comprehensive access to text and reference books, journals, magazine, audio/videos, CD-ROMs, data analysis software and much more. This rich collection covers diverse disciplines of Information Technology, Health Sciences and Science, Humanities and related fields. The two storied library building has open shelf system with seating arrangement for students and staff. The books have been arranged according to DDC-23rd edition.
The fully computerized Internet equipped library has a collection of over 92000 books with subscription of Magazines and Journals and newspapers in English, Hindi and Punjabi. The Rare books Section contains special writings and publications and rare Urdu and Punjabi books. The Library also has book bank facility for the needy students.
- All Students, faculty and other staff shall be the members of the library.
- The library shall remain open from 9.00 am to 4.00 pm. on all working days and
in summer and winter vacations.
- Books will be issued only on presentation of the Identity Card of the student.
- Students will not be allowed to carry their bags inside the library.
- Books from Book Bank will be issued to the needy and deserving students only
on the recommendation of the head of the department..
- Strict silence shall be maintained in the reading halls of the library.
- Scholars not the students of the college will be allowed to use the library only with the special permission of the Principal.
- Workdays: 8.30 am. to 4.00 pm.
- Library remains closed on Sundays and holidays but remains open with usual timings during summer and winter vacations.
- Library is computerized books issue-return and record keeping services are
Bar Coding Facility
- Book issue and return services are managed with barcode technology. This result in speedy working.
- Online Book Search has been facilitated in the library with two touch screen systems besides traditional offline (paper) PAC
- Through Online Public Access Catalogue hosted on college website book search facility has been provided to remote users.
- Reference Section: Located on the first floor the section has a rich collection of over 2500 books dealing with diverse streams.
- Research Journal Section: the section provides users access to research journals of different disciplines in addition to back volumes of journals.
The college has a practice of preserving information resources particularly rare books, special books and reports, back volumes etc. for the benefit of its students, faculty or research scholars from other institutions. The readers are allowed to consult these books during library hours however borrowing of these books is not allowed for their rare nature. These rare books are used by special categories of users or by those with special purpose and they include books not in publication now, old books, Imperial Gazetteer Of India, government reports and yearbooks and Who’s Whos, rare translations, Reference Annuals, Census Reports of India, Service Rules Books , encyclopedias and manuscripts.
E- Resource Centre
- An e- resource centre with six computer systems has been installed for exploring and using e- resources.
Open Shelf System
- Open Shelf System is in practice for student facility.
- Xerox facility is available in the library.
|Astronomy & Allied Science||104||104|
|General Serial Publication||1||9||10|
|Modern West Philosphy||47||47|
|Philosophy & Related Disciplines||68||68|
|Science of Earth & Other Worlds||214||214|
|LIST OF JOURNAL (SESSION 2019) SUBJECTWISE|
|1||ABSTRACTS OF SIKH STUDIES|
|2||ARTHSHASTRA INDIAN JOURNAL OF ECONOMICS AND RESEARCH|
|8||BULLETIN OF MATERIALS SCIENCE|
|9||INDIAN JOURNAL OF PURE AND APPLIED PHYSICS|
|10||JOURNAL OF ASTROPHYSICS AND ASTRONOMY|
|11||PRAMANA JOURNAL OF PHYSICS|
|13||BULLETIN OF THE CALCUTTA MATHEMATICAL SOCIETY|
|14||PROCEEDINGS MATHEMATICAL SCIENCES|
|16||JOURNAL OF CHEMICAL SCIENCES|
|17||RESONANCE JOURNAL OF SCIENCE EDUCATION|
|18||INDIAN JOURNAL OF COMPUTER SCIENCE|
|19||SADHNA ACADEMY OF PROCEEDINGS IN ENGINEERING SCIENCES|
|20||INDIAN JOURNAL OF FINANCE|
|21||INDIAN JOURNAL OF MARKETING|
|22||INDIAN JOURNAL OF RESEARCH IN CAPITAL MARKETS|
|23||PRABANDHAN INDIAN JOURNAL OF MANAGEMENT|
|25||JOURNAL OF BIOSCIENCES|
|27||JOURNAL OF GENETICS|
|28||RESEARCH AND REVIEWS IN BIOTECHNOLOGY AND BIOSCIENCES|
|29||INDIAN JOURNAL OF BIOTECHNOLOGY|
|1||BANKING SERVICE CHRONICLE|
|7||COMPETITION IN FOCUS|
|9||COMPETITION SUCCESS REVIEW|
|11||JUNIOR SCIENCE REFRESHER|
|13||PHYSICS FOR YOU|
|CURRENT AFFAIRS CATEGORY|
|22||ELECTRONIC FOR YOU|
|23||OPEN SOURCE FOR YOU|
|SOCIAL SCIENCE CATEGORY|
|4||THE ECONOMIC TIMES|
|8||TIMES OF INDIA|
- DELNET ( http://www.delnet.in/ )
The Library is a member of DELNET through which it is connected to 6845 libraries and offers access to millions of library records for reference and borrowing purposes. The details are:
- Union Catalog of Books: (2, 79, 30, 550)
- Union List of Current Periodicals: (20235)
- Union List of Video Recording: (6000)
- Union Catalog of Sound Recording: (1025)
- Full text e-journals:
- Arts, Commerce, Science
- Medical Science
- Agricultural Science
- Hotel Management
2. N-LIST ( https://nlist.inflibnet.ac.in:2443/login )
Through N-LIST the institution provides access to over 6237 electronic journals and databases and 3135809 books.
3. E-PGPATHSHALA ( https://epgp.inflibnet.ac.in/ )
4. Institutional LMS ( https://lkc.ac.in/software/student/)
- National Digital Library ( https://ndl.iitkgp.ac.in/ )
- Open Library( https://openlibrary.org/ )
- PubMed Central ( https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/)